Best Decorated Bale Contest
*NEW FOR 2018*
BEST DECORATED BALE CONTEST
Jaimie Reinhard – Chairman 484-529-8302
1. Open to any family (one per residence) in Berks County or to groups (one entry per group), either junior or adult
2. Bales must be registered with the Fair no later than July 1, 2018.
3. Any size of round or square bales of straw or hay may be used. Wrapped, painted or natural bales may be used.
4. Display must be on private property or land owned by the group and 10 feet away from the fence line.
5. Bale to be decorated to represent something you would see at the Fair (i.e. animals, vegetables, track event, etc.) or our 2018 theme of “Farms Families Fairs Fun!”
6. Bale to be accompanied by a sign clearly stating “See You at the Reading Fair, August 5-11th” SIGN MUST BE VISIBLE FROM THE ROAD
7. Display must be in place July 15th – August 12th.
8. The committee will judge entries on site.
a. Judging score: Overall appearance = 20%, Originality = 50%, Visibility of Fair Dates = 30%
9. All entries will receive an 8x10 inch picture to be displayed at the Fair in the Hay, Grains, and Vegetables Tent.
Individual/Family 1st place - $50 2nd Place - $40 3rd Place - $30
Groups – Junior (all members under age 18 years) (4-H, Scouts, church, etc.)
1st place - $50 2nd Place - $40 3rd Place - $30
Groups – Adult (all members 18 years & older) (church, organizations, etc.)
APPLICATION FOR BALE CONTEST – Email to Jaimie at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 3440 Pricetown Rd, Fleetwood, PA 19522
FAMILY NAME OR GROUP NAME:
GROUP CONTACT PERSON:
TELEPHONE #: EMAIL:
DIRECTIONS TO LOCATION: